1. Meet and Treat
Bring the family and join us on Thursday, September 7 from 6:00-7:00 PM for our Welcome Back Meet & Treat.
2. Grad Parent Meeting and Grade 6 Parent Orientation Meeting
Thursday, September 7 from 7:15-7:30 PM
- All parents of grade 12 students will meet in the Elementary Library Learning Commons to hear an overview of all that is to come for your child’s grad year
- All parents of grade 6 students will meet in Ms. Lius’ classroom (Library Learning Commons) for some information about what to expect in middle school.
3. Clothing Store
The MRCS clothing store is open August 28-September 15.
Visit https://vbs.itemorder.com/shop/home/ and enter code MRCS23 to order any MRCS merch you may want to add to you or your child’s wardrobe. All orders will hopefully be distributed to families by Thanksgiving.
If you’re unsure about sizing, try on sample sizes at our Welcome Back Meet & Treat on Thursday, September 7.
4. High School Camp Forms Due TODAY
Grade 9-12 will be heading to high school camp at Stillwood September 11 & 12. If any high school parents DID NOT RECEIVE an email from Kim O’Dell on Wednesday, August 23, please email her immediately to get the information you need . Forms need to be filled out and returned by TODAY September 6, 2023. This includes both the field trip form and the Stillwood online waiver.
Safety is of utmost importance in our parking lot and the surrounding neighbourhood streets. Students and parents are encouraged to use the crosswalks on the streets and parking lot.
Gestures of Courtesy
- If using the pick-up lane, please arrive a little later than the dismissal time to give your child time to pack up their belongings and exit their class. The pick-up lane is not for parking, so your child should be outside and ready to hop in your vehicle when you pull up.
- Leave parking spaces closest to the school for families with the youngest students (K-2) who need to park and escort their child to and from their vehicle to ensure their safety.
- All student drivers are to park along 122 Ave and walk in through the forest or along 204b and walk up along the sidewalks.
- Respect our neighbours’ driveways and the street parking restrictions.
There is one marked parking spot in our parking lot that is reserved for the entire 2023/2024 school year for the family that purchased it at the 2023 Gala Dinner and Auction. Please do not park there. (If you wish this was your spot, it will be up for grabs for the next school year through the school auction!)