We are in the middle of a capital campaign to raise funds for additional classroom space that will open up more spots for new students (please see our World Changers page). In the meantime, we are currently full for the following classes over the 2021-22 school year:
If you choose to apply, we can still accept your application to our wait pool where your family will be on deck if a spot becomes available.
Kindergarten to Grade 12 Applications
Thank you for your interest in Maple Ridge Christian School! Our mission is to provide Christian education that transforms the whole student for the glory of God. This means that we will nurture the heart, soul, mind, and strength of your child. Maple Ridge Christian School is an innovative place of learning, where your child will be challenged to reach their full potential in Christ.
Our school is also a community of families, teachers, students and staff. We believe it is critical to partner with parents who are committed to a Christian worldview and want a Christ-centered education for their child. We encourage parents to be active in our school community. Together, we work to ensure MRCS is a respectful and mission-minded community where every student thrives.
If you proceed with the following application you can expect these steps in the process:
- Fill out the application and have all of the required additional information in the application package.
- Submit the application according to the following submission dates and provide the $200 non-refundable application fee payment:
- Kindergarten applications: October 19-23, 2020 (we will continue to accept Kindergarten applications after this initial timeframe, however, spaces may be limited)
- Grade 1-12 applications: February 1-5, 2021 (we will continue to accept Grade 1-12 applications after this initial timeframe, however, spaces may be limited)
- Within three weeks, the Registrar will email as to whether the application has been approved or placed in the wait pool.
- If the application is approved, a placement assessment will be scheduled.
- An interview will be scheduled for parents with the Lead Principal.
- The Registrar will email to confirm acceptance to MRCS.
- Final paperwork will be submitted and the tuition payment arranged.
We look forward to meeting you and starting this process with your family!
Current MRCS Families:
Additional Child Registration
If you already have a child enroled at MRCS, we have a streamlined application process for your children who are new to the school.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question for more information.
How much is tuition?
Please note that regularly occurring field trips, textbooks, and kindergarten supply fees are now included in the tuition.
How to determine your annual tuition rate:
- Find the grade of your eldest child.
- Follow across to the column that indicates the total number of children you would like to enrol at MRCS.
2021-22 Tuition Rates
|Grade of eldest child||1 Child||2 Children||3 Children||4 Children or more|
|Grade K – 5||7,240||8,980||9,910||10,770|
|Grade 6 – 7||8,590||10,230||11,410||12,040|
|Grade 8 – 9||9,500||11,130||12,450||12,730|
|Grade 10 – 12||9,950||11,580||12,900||13,190|
Do I need to line up early and submit my application before other families?
No, we do not have a first come, first served system. Applications received during our submission timeframes will all be assessed and carefully considered.
Do you accept applications after the initial submission timeframes for Kindergarten and Grades 1-12?
Yes, but space is limited.
What are some of the criteria that MRCS looks for in new applications?
We assess each application in the context of class size, class composition, the pastor’s reference, church involvement, and the family’s commitment to Christian education.
When do I pay the non-refundable application fee?
New families to MRCS, please provide your non-refundable application fee of $200 when you submit your application documentation. Your application will not be processed until all of the required documentation and the application fee are received by MRCS.
When will I know if my child has been accepted into MRCS?
Once we have received the needed documentation and application fee, we review all applications thoroughly and it may take up to three weeks for us to notify families regarding the status of their application.
What if my application is not accepted?
We invite all eligible applicants to join our wait pool for a maximum of 20 months. A wait pool is different from a waitlist where the applicants are ordered in a first come, first served basis. We assess each applicant on individual merit, so all applicants in our wait pool are considered.
What does the wait pool process look like?
Once a family enters our wait pool, their application is active for the year they applied for and the year afterwards. Staying in the wait pool for two school years means only one application package/fee is submitted and there is an extended period of time to see if space becomes available for the students in the wait pool.
How to Submit Your Application
- Download the application form(s).
- Choose one of the following options to submit your application form(s):
- Fill in the digital PDF form(s).
- Save the document(s) to your computer.
- Email the document(s) to MRCS using the submission button below.
- Phone the office (604.465.4442) to make an appointment to drop-off your application form(s) and fee.
- New families: provide your non-refundable application fee payment of $200.
Submit Your Application Form(s)
We are accepting applications as of the following dates. Attach all the required application document(s) to your email:
- Monday, October 19, 2020 for Kindergarten applications
- Monday, February 1, 2021 for Grade 1-12 applications
Submit Your Application Fee
An application will only be processed when the document(s) and application fee are received by MRCS.
If you have questions about our school or the application process, please fill out the Inquiry Form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.