1. NO SCHOOL November 9, 10, 13
NO SCHOOL Thursday and Friday, November 9 & 10 for Christian Schools Teacher’s conference
NO SCHOOL Monday, November 13 for Remembrance Day
2. Remembrance Day Chapels
Remembrance Day Chapels are taking place this Wednesday, November 8. Parents and MRCS community members are welcome to join us as we honour those who fought for our freedom.
- Middle / High School at 8:35 AM
- Elementary School at 10:45 AM
3. Fall Annual General Meeting
Fall Annual General Meeting will be held this week Wednesday, November 8 at 7:00 PM in the library. Please see the app message sent on October 27 for the AGM Package and Financial Statements.
Reminder to watch the videos the SOGI Task Force has been releasing and to fill out the corresponding surveys. The SOGI Town Hall will take place in the gym on Thursday, November 23.
4. Lost and Found
Our lost and found is packed full of all kinds of things! Please take a moment to come just inside the front doors to check for your kids’ belongings.
5. Parking Lot Reminders
Mornings have become darker and rainier and visibility is not good for drivers or pedestrians. Our parking lot attendants have been witnessing close calls and questionable driver and pedestrian habits.
- Number one rule – drive slower!
- Please only use the far right lane for drop offs – do not drop off in the left hand lane or in the back lane of the parking lot.
- Please also do not zoom ahead in the left hand lane to pull into the front of the right hand lane.
- And pedestrians – please come across to the school ONLY at the crosswalk.
Thank you for keeping everyone safe!
6. MRCS Day of Giving
Spread the word and make plans to join us for the MRCS Day of Giving on Tuesday, November 28.
7. The Card Project
Everyone who submitted art should have received a sample card last week, along with instructions on how to order. The cards are beautiful! The priority delivery deadline has now passed, but orders are still open until Sunday, November 19. Orders submitted between now and November 19, will be delivered the first week of December.
These items make great gifts and the school is receiving approximately 20% back in fundraising money. Thank you for your orders!
8. Hot Lunch
The next hot lunch date is Thursday, November 16 and we will be enjoying hot dogs, TCBY frozen yogurt and other snacks. Orders will close this Thursday, November 9 at 11:59 PM. Thank you to our anonymous family sponsor for helping us keep the costs down!
Upcoming Hot Lunch Dates that are still open for ordering:
* Please remember to order on a computer instead of a phone as it will be much easier.
- Thur Nov 16 — Hot Dogs & TCBY frozen yogurt (order by Thur Nov 9) — Anonymous Family Sponsor
- Thur Dec 7 — White Spot (order by Thur Nov 30) Sponsored by D&J Flooring
- Thu Dec 21 Pizza Hut (order by Thur Dec 14) Sponsored by Anglo Glass
We are looking for 2 MORE SPONSORS to fill all the hot lunch dates for this year – January 18 & June 6. Click this link to sign up for one or more dates or email Alyson if you have any questions.