Please note the following details regarding our upcoming Christmas concerts!
There are Facebook events created, so you can invite interested family members and give them all the details they need.
Afternoon concert: Thursday, December 21 at 1:30 PM
Evening concert: Thursday, December 21 at 7:00 PM
- The concerts will feature the kindergarten to Gr. 6 students and the Gr. 9 Concert Band. We ask that you only attend one concert to free up space for other attendees.
Guests and extended family are welcome to come (there are no tickets). The seats are first come, first served.
- The doors to the gym will open at 1:00 PM and 6:30 PM. Guests are expected to remain in their seats to hold them for the concert.
- The 1:30 PM concert is usually less busy and should be a priority for those who are able to come in the afternoon.
- For those who cannot make it in-person, there will be a livestream of the afternoon performance available here for up to 6 days after the event: https://mrcs.online.church
We would like our concert to have a celebratory atmosphere and our students play a huge role in helping create a fun and festive dynamic to this event. With this in mind, here are some considerations regarding concert attire:
- Students have been encouraged to dress up for the concert if they are able.
- They have been discouraged from wearing hats, T-shirts, shorts and athletic wear. (Some of our primary students do not feel comfortable in anything but sweat pants and that’s fine.)
- There is no need or expectation to purchase additional clothing for this event.
- Band students have their own guidelines for concert attire.
Thank you for helping us spread Christmas cheer from head to toe!
This will be our toughest year for parking, due to the construction project. Parking will be available in the school parking lot for those with limited mobility. If you do not have limited mobility, please park in the subdivision in front of the school, or on 122nd Ave beside the forest / Fairview. There is also overflow parking available at Maple Ridge Alliance Church. Parking lot and cross-walk attendants will help guide cars and pedestrians. Please listen to them and be kind — they are volunteers and are here to keep us all safe!
Evening performance student drop-off
Kindergarten – Gr. 6: Students can arrive at their classroom at 6:45 PM. If you arrive before 6:45 PM, your child(ren) must be supervised by a parent/guardian until the classroom doors open. Please be respectful of this drop-off time as it is a very long day for our teachers.
Concert Band: Students should arrive in the music portable at 6:30 PM.
Evening performance student pick-up
Be sure to pick up your child(ren) from their classroom immediately after the concert ends (which will likely be 8:00-8:15 PM). Our teaching staff will have already had a long day and are dependent on you picking up your child(ren) in a timely manner.
We need a few parents to help with the evening Christmas concert. Please click the link to sign up for a spot. Each volunteer will get 2 reserved seats, so they can slip in once they’re done their duties.