Before classes start at 8:20 AM on Tuesday, September 5, here are some important items to note:
1. Schedules, Dates, and Times Please refer to the email from Yvonne Cramer dated July 28, 2023 for all important information regarding dates, times, and schedules for the start of school, as well as information on communication. Please contact the office if you did not receive that email *protected email*
2. School Communication Moving forward, almost ALL SCHOOL COMMUNICATIONS (excluding teacher communication) will be coming to you through the MRCS app or on the MRCS website through the Parent Portal. Please see the July 28, 2023 email from Yvonne Cramer for information on how to access the app and the Parent Portal. To ensure you do not miss important school communications, please make sure you are checking the app regularly. Turning on notifications for messages sent through the app is the easiest way to make sure you don’t miss anything.
3. Class Lists and Grade-Specific Communication Class lists will be sent out on Friday, September 1, 2023 through the app. Please make sure you go to the Groups tab at the bottom of the app, click Settings in the top right, and then opt in to communications for your child’s grade. This is how we send out grade-specific communications, including class lists.
4. Social Media Our Facebook and Instagram pages are utilized to tell the story of the MRCS student, so make sure to tune in there as well to catch glimpses of the action.
5. Reserved Parking Spot There is one marked parking spot in our parking lot that is reserved for the entire 2023/2024 school year for the family that purchased it at the 2023 Gala Dinner and Auction. Please do not park there, unless given permission from that family to do so.
6. Clothing Store The MRCS clothing store is open August 28-September 15. Visit https://vbs.itemorder.com/shop/home/ and enter code MRCS23 to order any MRCS merch you may want to add to your or your child’s wardrobe. All orders will hopefully be distributed to families by Thanksgiving.
7. Meet and Treat Bring the family and join us on Thursday, September 7 from 6:00-7:00 PM for our Welcome Back Meet & Treat
8. School Supplies
The school will provide K-5 supplies. The fee for supplies is included in tuition.
Grade 6-8: Those who ordered from School Start in June will have their supplies waiting for them on the first day of school. If you did not order from School Start in June, you can still do that here: https://schoolstart.ca/school/1504. Orders will ship out in 2 business days. Alternatively, you may purchase your own using the supply list on our website under the Parent Portal, under School Reference Information. The password for the Parent Portal is: community
Grade 9-12 please see the supply list on our website under the Parent Portal, under School Reference Information. The password for Parent Portal is: community
9. High School Camp
Grade 9-12 will be heading to high school camp at Stillwood September 11 & 12. If any high school parents DID NOT RECEIVE an email from Kim O’Dell on Wednesday, August 23, please email her immediately to get the information you need *protected email*. Forms need to be filled out and returned by Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
10. 2023/24 MRCS Staff
Please visit the Staff page to see this year’s staff directory. We appreciate your prayers and support as we plan for a great year ahead.
11. Chapel info
On Tuesday, September 5 we will be having Welcome Back chapels and our community is welcome to join us!
The High / Middle School Welcome Back Chapel will start at 8:35 AM.
The Elementary Welcome Back Chapel will start at 10:45 AM.
Moving forward, you are more than welcome to join us in the gym for any chapel. Please refer to the calendar on the MRCS app for dates and times.
All Chapels will be available on live-stream. The link is available on the MRCS app home screen: mrcs.online.church