We seem to be in the habit of sending out Friday messages, so here are the latest reminders and updates for you:
- The clothing store will close this Sunday (Sept. 25) at 11:59 PM! If you would like to order any MRCS gear, now is your chance! The store will not open up again until early 2023.
- The Terry Fox Run is next Wednesday (Sept. 28)! K-Gr. 8 students will run/walk the route at 8:45 AM. Gr. 9-12 students will run/walk the route at 9:30 AM.
Oranges will be provided as a post-run snack. Please make sure your child has his/her own water bottle for refreshment.
We ask that each family considers providing a $2-5 cash donation per student. All donations will go towards cancer research to continue the legacy of cancer awareness and treatment that Terry Fox championed.
- It’s Orange Shirt Day next Thursday (Sept. 29)! Students who would like to participate are encouraged to wear an orange shirt to commemorate the residential school experience, to witness and honour the healing journey of the survivors and their families, and to support the ongoing process of reconciliation.
- There is NO SCHOOL next Friday (Sept. 30)! Please note that there are no K-12 classes next Friday due to the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
- The athletics calendars are being posted! With athletics starting up, the practices and games start piling up. Currently the Gr. 8-12 athletics schedule can be found in the main menu of the app as well as in the parent portal (password: community). We plan to have a Gr. 6/7 athletics calendar posted soon.
- It’s early dismissal today and every Friday! Don’t forget to pick up K-Gr. 8 students at 2:15 PM and Gr. 9-12 students at 2:25 PM.
If using the pick-up lane, please arrive a little later than the dismissal time to give your child time to pack up their belongings and exit their class. The pick-up lane is not for parking, so your child should be outside and ready to hop in your vehicle when you pull up.