Hello MRCS Grads and Families,
We are excited to communicate with you regarding all of the upcoming events for your MRCS graduate. Here are some details for the upcoming events:
- Grad Capstone Presentations: April 27, 2023 6-8:30 PM
- Grad Trip: May 16-18, 2023
- Graduation Ceremony Dress Rehearsal: June 20, 2023 at 1 PM
- Graduation Ceremony: June 26, 2023 ceremony begins at 6 PM
- Graduation Banquet: June 27, 2023 doors open at 5 PM
Grad Capstone Evenings:
- The Graduation Capstone Presentations will take place on Thursday, April 27, 2023 from 6:00-8:30 PM.
- Location: Maple Ridge Christian School
- We welcome your attendance at this important evening for our grads.
- We apologize that we are not able to accommodate all grads having an individual time slot. In order to complete the evening in a timely manner, multiple grads will be presenting at one time.
- If you are attending a presentation, please be sure to be at the school 15 minutes before the start time, as we will start promptly at the scheduled times, and we can not admit latecomers.
- Here is a link to the schedule.
This year’s grad trip will be at Rockridge Canyon Camp from May 16-18, 2023. We will send a separate email with more information regarding the schedule, the permission slip, and the waiver.
As a part of the week of the Grad trip, the students generally receive a “Skip Day” from the school to either prepare for or rest up after the trip. This year the skip day is Monday, May 15, 2023. Students may stay home that day to prepare for their grad trip and enjoy some rest.
Graduation Dress Rehearsal:
The graduates will have a mandatory dress rehearsal from 1:00-2:00 PM on Tuesday, June 20, 2023 at the Alliance Church (located on the corner of Dewdney and 203rd).
We will walk the graduates and all those involved through the process for the graduation ceremony. All students must be present at this dress rehearsal. Please encourage them to be on time.
Date: June 26, 2023 beginning at 6:00 PM.
Grads must be at the church by 5:15 PM.
Location: Maple Ridge Alliance Church
20399 Dewdney Trunk Rd, Maple Ridge, BC
There are no tickets or capacity limits required for this event.
Date: June 27, 2023 doors open at 5:00 PM
Dinner and Dance to follow
Location: Swaneset Golf Club – 16651 Rannie Rd, Pitt Meadows, BC
Doors open at 5:00 PM / Dinner and Dance to follow.
Tickets will be for sale at the office in May. Cost will be approximately $90 pp.
Any funds students have raised from the sale of Purdy’s chocolate for Christmas and Easter will be applied to each individual student’s grad costs.
We apply the funds first to the grad trip. If students have any remaining funds after the trip costs, they will be put toward each family’s banquet ticket costs, with the family paying the remaining amount.
This will truly be an amazing time to remember for your graduate. Stay tuned for further updates in the coming weeks.