This is the last week of classes before Spring Break (March 15-26). We pray that all of our MRCS families enjoy rest and peace over the break, but we also acknowledge that some unsettling feelings may arise as we near the anniversary of when the COVID lockdowns first came into effect.
We are aware that quarantine and the virus itself have been traumatic for many. Some strategies to cope with the weight of the pandemic could include an increase in physical activity, finding creative outlets and/or setting up a space for conversation and dialogue.
You can also take advantage of these mental health resources available to both parents and students: Parent & Student Support Resources »
We are in need of new items/services for our Adventure Begins online auction! We are open to any donations, but can also provide these suggestions for our adventure-themed event:
- New outdoor adventure equipment: kayak, paddleboards, snowshoes, ski equipment, etc.
- Hiking equipment: Hiking poles, water bladder, compact First Aid kit, whistle, emergency blanket, wool socks, satellite communications device, etc.
- Camping equipment: JetBoil thermos, sleeping bag, camping stove, tent, etc.
- Backpacking gear: outdoor backpack, thermos, water bottle, etc.
- Campfire kit: s’mores ingredients, roasting sticks, firewood, etc.
- Beach gear: chairs, umbrella, towels, sunblock, hats, etc.
By going online, this year’s auction will likely have the largest audience in its history. Both our school and any businesses that donate to the auction will get a big boost of recognition.
- Businesses are invited to send their logo with a photo and a description of their auction item/service.
- Individuals or families can let us know if they would like public recognition.
Please submit your donation by March 31 via this online form: Auction Donation Form »
If you have any questions, contact Ms. Monet Lamphere at email@example.com
Capital Campaign Update
It will be an incredible day when we step through the doors of the grand hall, see the new gym on the left and three levels of new classrooms on the right.
We are trusting that the Lord will provide what we need to make this all a reality. As it stands, we are over half way to our financial goal. The funding is the greatest challenge to getting to the point of construction and raising the new walls. We are aiming to break ground in Spring 2022. That means that $2 million needs to be raised over the next year.
Over Spring Break, can you please:
- Set aside some time to pray for our school and the completion of this building project?
- Consider who can become a member of our monthly donor team? We currently have 31 monthly donors of the 160 we are seeking. If every one of our 160 MRCS families finds one monthly donor, we will reach our goal!
- Consider who is able to give a larger donation over the next three years? Every dollar truly does make a difference and brings us within reach of our $4 million goal.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions, Stephanie Carroll would like the opportunity to talk with you over the phone (604.465.4442) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There will also be an upcoming Town Hall Meeting hosted by the MRCS Board of Directors where you can learn more about the building project and ask questions.
Purdys Chocolate Distribution
Our school received over $1000 in donations from the Purdys Chocolate orders! The orders have arrived and will be sorted shortly. If you made an order, you will be contacted to arrange either picking it up or having it sent home.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Yvonne Cramer at email@example.com.
March 12 – Jump Rope for Heart Jump-off Day
March 12 – Elementary Report Cards
March 12 – High School Interim Report Cards
March 12 – Last day of school before Spring Break
March 29 – First day of school after Spring Break
March 31 – Auction item/service donation deadline
April 2 – Good Friday – NO SCHOOL
April 5 – Easter Monday – NO SCHOOL
High School Homework Club
Homework Club (for Grades 8-12) is happening weekly in the high school student lounge. Students will be assigned to specific areas according to their learning groups. Homework Club is on a first come, first served basis and will not accept students once all the spots are filled.
Location: High School Lounge
Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:00 PM
Educational Assistant: Mrs. Cox
Boys badminton – 3:00-5:00 PM
Co-ed badminton – 3:00-5:00 PM
E-Sports — 3:30 – 5:30 PM
Girls Basketball – 7:00-9:00 PM
Sr. Boys Basketball – 3:00-5:00 PM
Jr. Boys Basketball – 5:00-6:30 PM
E-Sports — 3:00-4:00 PM
Girls Basketball – 7:00-9:00 PM
Summer Camp Registration is Open
If you would like to send your child(ren) to our MRCS Summer Camp, registration is now open! The camp runs over two weeks (July 12-23) and features daily “Around the World” themes. Children can participate for one or both weeks to experience a new adventure every day.
Space is limited due to health and safety protocols, so please reserve your space as soon as possible.
To find out more and register, please visit: MRCS Summer Camp »
If you have any questions, please contact Monet Lamphere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jump Rope for Heart
Although the priority fundraising focus is currently for our new building project, we are also continuing to support causes outside of our school.
We annually raise money and participate in Heart and Stroke Canada’s Jump Rope for Heart. This Kindergarten to Grade 5 event promotes health and movement. It highlights the importance of being active and draws attention to other healthy habits.
Through Jump Rope for Heart, students learn fun ways to get active for heart health while raising awareness and support for Canada’s Heart and Stroke Foundation.
Here are some things to note about this year’s event:
- Notices with fundraising info and registration went home to K-5 parents last week
- All fundraising must be done online this year
- Register online by going to jumpropeforheart.ca
- Click “join us” and search for Maple Ridge Christian School
- Jump-off day is Friday, March 12
- Fundraising closes Sunday, March 21
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Angela Brompton at email@example.com
2020 Tax Receipts
The 2020 Tax Receipts for tuition payments and donations to MRCS have been emailed out. If you did not receive an anticipated receipt or have any questions, please contact Mrs. Connie Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Text the School!
There’s a new way to let the office know about an absence or student being late! You can now text attendance info to the school office at 672.513.7633.
Please note that this is a TEXT-ONLY phone number and calls will not be accepted. If you would like to call the office, please continue to use 604.465.4442.
Parent Update Centre
The Parent Update Centre is your one-stop online resource for school information. Check it out to find:
- The latest parent emails
- An archive of this year’s Buzz mailings
- Health and COVID-19 links
- School downloads (including the new daily health assessment)
Reading Link Challenge
Congratulations to the Grade 4/5 team members of the Charming Chapters for winning the Reading Link Challenge! They are progressing on to the district competition which will be held on April 21. The challenges are all virtual this year and have a new snazzy online format