Last Day of School
The last day of school is this Wednesday (June 16)! There is an early dismissal for all K-12 students at 12:00 PM. We hope that you all have a restful and blessed summer break.
2021-22 School Supplies
We are changing up how students will receive their school supplies next year!
Parents of kindergarten to Grade 3 students do not have to purchase school supplies. The school will be ordering and providing bulk supplies for the K-3 classes.
Parents of Grade 4-8 students can purchase school supplies using School Start.
To save you time and money in your back-to-school shopping, we are partnering with a school supply company called School Start. School Start bundles all of your child’s required school supplies into a low-priced school supply kit. The kit is delivered to the school and will be waiting for your child on the first day of school.
Here is how the School Start program works:
1. Go to: schoolstart.ca/school/1504 and choose your child’s grade.
2. On the school supplies page: the “Starter Package” supply list is mandatory. For the “Required Items” list, you can determine if you already have those items at home or if you need to order them for the 2021-22 school year.
3. Payment: All payments are processed through School Start.
4. Delivery to the school: The supply kits are delivered to the school and will be distributed when school starts in September.
- Participation is optional: This is an optional way for parents to purchase their child’s supplies that will help save time and money.
- School Start gives back to MRCS: $5 per kit is given to MRCS for orders placed online before July 31, 2021.
- Late orders: Orders are accepted throughout the entire school year. MRCS does not receive the $5/kit give-back benefit for late orders.
- Lower price point: School Start orders products in bulk and reduces overhead costs, which allows them to offer quality products at lower prices.
- Quality products: Students will receive brand name products (no substitutions) that are guaranteed throughout the whole school year.
- Order tracking: Track your order online with a direct link located in “My Orders” in your School Start account.
Grade 9-12 Band Concerts
The Grade 9-12 Band Concerts are happening tomorrow (June 15) at 1:30 and 7:00 PM.
These are drive-in concerts that require attendees to remain seated in their vehicles for the duration of the performance. To give everyone the best viewing opportunity, we are asking guests to register larger vehicles (i.e., trucks, vans, or SUVs) in the back row and smaller vehicles in the rows closest to the stage.
Please register for the band concerts using these links:
Graduation Ceremony Livestream
This year’s graduation ceremony will be held outdoors on Thursday, June 17 at 6 PM. Only the families of the graduates are invited to this drive-in event, but everyone else can watch via livestream using this link: https://youtu.be/XxVBXQlxeVI
Summer Camp Volunteers
We are looking for 2 more summer camp volunteers!
- Dates: July 12-16 or July 12-23 (your choice)
- Times: 8:15 AM to 3:15 PM
- Summary of responsibilities: Guide campers in their daily activities and support the Group Leaders as they teach.
Please let us know if you or someone you know will be available to help out! For more information, please contact Monet Ma at email@example.com.
Congratulations to Oaklan & Corenth!
This morning, Oaklan and Corenth presented Mr. Flokstra with a giant cheque for their new school gym!
Over the past month, Oaklan and Corenth reached out to their friends and family through email.
Here are the details:
- Number of videos the boys emailed out: 2
- Number of NEW donors as a result: 66
- Amount of donations brought in: $5603.65
Please join us in celebrating this great achievement by Oaklan and Corenth!
Would your family like to start your own “Friends and Family Challenge”? Or do you have items you would like to sell and donate the proceeds to the school? Or do you have another idea to suggest? Please let Stephanie Carroll know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.465.4442 and we can make it happen!
June 10-13 – Footloose Outdoor, 7:00 PM
June 15 – Outdoor Band Concert, 1:30 & 7:00 PM
June 16 – High School Awards from 10:40-11:40 AM (livestream link will be sent out tomorrow to high school parents)
June 16 – Last Day of Classes K-12; Early dismissal at 12:00 PM
June 16 – Grad Rehearsal, 12:00 PM
June 17 – Grad Ceremony, 6:00 PM
June 17, 18, 21-23 – High School Exams & Assessment
High School exams and assessments are taking place from Thursday, June 17 to Monday, June 21. The schedule was emailed out to the applicable parents last week.
With just eight bottle return drop offs, the school has raised almost $200 for our new classrooms and gym! Do you have some bottles kicking around that you can take into a Return-It Express depot near you?
Here are the steps:
- Put all of the containers in a transparent plastic bag (no sorting needed)
- Head to any Return-It Express location (www.return-it.ca/locations/express)
- At the depot, go to the label printing kiosk and enter the school’s phone number: 604-465-4442
- Stick the label on the bag and leave it at the indicated drop off area
- Return-It employees will sort the bottles later and credit the $$ to the school’s account
- If every MRCS family returns $5 worth of bottles a month, we will raise over $10,000 per year! It all adds up and there’s no time to start like today!
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Carroll at email@example.com or 604.465.4442.
Text the School!
There’s a new way to let the office know about an absence or student being late! You can now text attendance info to the school office at 672.513.7633.
Please note that this is a TEXT-ONLY phone number and calls will not be accepted. If you would like to call the office, please continue to use 604.465.4442.
We are incredibly proud of our 2021 graduates and can’t wait to see what the Lord does next in their lives! If you would like to learn more about our graduating students, you can read their grad spotlights here: mrcs.ca/grad2021
Congratulations to our Grads!
These Grade 12 students have been accepted to the following post-secondary institutions.
Taeryn B. – Trinity Western University
Connie C. – Ontario CAD University, Ryerson University, University of Toronto
Noah C. – YWAM (Hawaii)
Eleora C. – Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Nick H. – University of Fraser Valley (Trades Program)
CY H. – Trinity Western University, Simon Fraser University, University of BC
Jasmine K. – University of Fraser Valley
Lucas L. – Trinity Western University
Ava P. – Trinity Western University, University of Victoria
Brodie P. – University of the Fraser Valley
Nicky W. – Berklee College of Music Online Program
Ethan W. – University of Toronto
Emalie W. – Trinity Western University, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, University of Fraser Valley
Samantha Y. – Capilano University
Emily Z. – Simon Fraser University