Next Tuesday (September 7), classes will resume for all K-12 students. We are looking forward to seeing your child(ren) back at MRCS! There are no staggered drop-off and pick-up timeslots this year. Please be aware of the arrival and dismissal times for your child(ren):
Monday to Friday Arrival
- Kindergarten – Gr. 12: Arrive and be in class from 8:20-8:25 AM (any students arriving after the 8:25 AM bell must report to the front office)
Monday to Thursday Dismissal
- Kindergarten – Gr. 8: Dismissed from class at 2:55 PM
- Gr. 9-12: Dismissed from class at 3:00 PM
Friday Early Dismissal
- Kindergarten – Gr. 8: Dismissed from class at 2:15 PM
- Gr. 9-12: Dismissed from class at 2:25 PM
K-12 Drop-off & Pick-up Locations
Parents and students are encouraged to use the drop-off/pick-up lane as much as possible. Students need to have their bags and belongings in hand and be ready to enter/exit the vehicle as promptly as possible. If any interaction is needed that takes longer than a few seconds, please use a parking spot.
Morning Drop-Off Locations
- Kindergarten – Gr. 1: Line up outside of the North Entrance door (next to the preschool playground).
- Gr. 2/3: Head to the back field and line up in the courtyard between the gym and the elementary wing.
- Gr. 4-8: Directly enter their classroom portable.
- Gr. 9-12: Use the high school entrance door located behind the school (proceeding past the North Entrance and preschool playground).
Afternoon Pick-Up Locations
- Kindergarten – Gr. 1: Lined up by the North Entrance door (next to the preschool playground).
- Gr. 2/3: Lined up under the overhang by the school front entrance.
- Gr. 4-8: Leave via their classroom portable.
- Gr. 9-12: Exit by the high school entrance door located behind the school (proceeding past the North Entrance and preschool playground).
Gr. 9-12 Off Campus Privileges
During lunch break, Gr. 9-12 students are permitted to sign out at the front office and leave the school grounds. Upon return, students must sign back in at the front office before proceeding to class.
The Ministry of Education has announced a continuation of indoor mask requirements for all school staff, Grade 4-12 students, volunteers, and visitors. These individuals should wear a non-medical mask or face covering at all times while indoors at school, subject to the exceptions noted below.
The recommendation above should not apply as follows:
- To a person who is unable to wear a mask because they do not tolerate it for health or behavioural reasons;
- To a person unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person;
- If the mask is removed temporarily for the purposes of identifying the person wearing it;
- If the mask is removed temporarily to engage in an educational activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask (e.g. actively playing a wind instrument, high-intensity physical activity, etc.);
- If a person is eating or drinking
- If a person is behind a barrier;
- While providing a service to a person with a disability or diverse ability (including but not limited to a hearing impairment), where visual cues, facial expressions and/or lip reading/movements are important.
For more information regarding the BC government’s guidelines for schools, please visit: Back-to-School K-12: What you Need to Know »
MRCS Communicable Disease Guidelines
As the pandemic is still ongoing, please be vigilant with regards to the health and symptoms your child experiences throughout the school year. The daily health check is still required to determine if your child is fit for class. If there are any symptoms of illness, you are expected to keep your child home from school.
We also continue to request that all parents/visitors make an appointment with the school office. Once inside the school building, parents/visitors are required to wear a mask and will be asked to verify that they are not feeling any of the COVID-19 symptoms. Parents/visitors will then sign in/out using the logbook at the front office window.
For more information, please refer to these resources:
As it stands, guests can once again attend regular Friday chapels by observing from the back of the gym. There will also be the option to watch via livestream. The schedule will continue to rotate between chapels for the K-5 students one Friday and chapels for the Gr. 9-12 students the next Friday.
When it is an all school chapel (as will happen on the first day of school), guests are not invited to attend due to our occupancy limits in the gym. This chapel will be livestreamed and can be found here when it goes live at 10:40 AM: Chapel Livestream
Grade 6-8 students will attend their own Middle School chapels on alternating Fridays in the Library Learning Commons. The Middle School chapels will not have a livestream available and guests cannot be accommodated at this time.
Classroom Parent Leaders
This year, we are introducing the new role of Classroom Parent Leader! Although there are usually one or two parents per class who rise up to help with various things such as coordinating teacher gifts and acts of appreciation, we think it will be even better if the role is an official one. It will be exciting to see this new team of Classroom Parent Leaders take shape and come up with some fun ways to bless the students and staff of MRCS!
If you are interested in being a Classroom Parent Leader, please call Stephanie Carroll at 604.465.4442 or click here: email Stephanie
Parent Update Centre
The Parent Update Centre is an online resource that can be found through the MRCS website. Remember to check it out throughout the school year!