August 28 Parent Survey
On Wednesday of this week, the BC Ministry of Education instructed schools to make contact with their families to determine:
- Which families will be sending their child(ren) for the first day of school in September.
- Which families may require an alternative to full-time, in-class instruction.
Schools were also asked to provide parents with details regarding their operational plans for September. If you would like information about our school’s restart plan or our COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan, you can find it here:
In determining which families may require an alternative to in-class instruction, it is important to note that:
- Any form of remote learning is temporary with the goal of returning to in-class instruction as per phase 2 of the BC education plan – this is not the same as June when there was student/parent choice about returning to school.
- MRCS is not permitted to offer a year-long, fully online program as that is only authorized for registered Distributed Learning schools within the province.
- The BC Ministry of Education has indicated that schools are to find solutions that are right for them.
- Schools have the option to meet parent requests for remote learning, but are not required to provide remote learning unless a student is sick or self-isolating.
- At MRCS, we constantly strive to meet our students’ needs by creating a learning environment that lets every student thrive. The continually shifting nature of what is mandated and expected of our learning environment in this COVID-era is challenging to say the least.
As we adapt to the latest guidelines put out by the BC government, please know that the health and wellbeing of our MRCS families is at the forefront of our minds. With the Lord’s guidance and our community’s unfailing love and support for each other, we will find our way through this day by day.
And here is what we need from you within the next three days: please have a member of your household fill out the following survey and submit it by Monday, August 31 at 9 PM. The sooner you can send your response back to us, the better.
We look forward to hearing from your family and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!