Maple Ridge Christian School operates as a registered society and non-profit organization.
Here are 10 facts about how our governance works.
- Maple Ridge Christian School has a legal name. It is “Haney-Pitt Meadows Christian School Association.”
- We are a registered society under the Society Act of British Columbia.
- We are governed by two legal documents—our Constitution and Bylaws.
- The Constitution outlines our mandate to provide Christian education that is directed by God’s all-powerful Word.
- The By-laws outline the nitty-gritty of how we operate, including membership and the role of our Board of Trustees.
- The members of the Haney-Pitt Meadows Christian Association are parents whose children attend the school. But a person can apply to the Board of Trustees and pay a yearly fee to become a member.
- The members of the Haney-Pitt Meadows Christian Association elect the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees set the vision for the school and are mandated by our bylaws to:
- Execute and regulate the School polices in accordance with our Constitution
- Appoint a qualified principal and teaching staff
- Assure that the educational policies of the Society are carried out
- Devise ways to obtain the necessary funds for operating the School and determine how these funds are administered
- Propagate the cause of Christian education in the community through all appropriate means
- Members participate in governance by attending General Meetings, asking questions and voting on the business presented.
- Members participate in governance by participating in a Committee or by running for a position on the Board of Trustees.